12.16.2008

The yin and yang of travel

I'm starting this post in the Philly airport waiting for my 6:50pm flight home. The problem is that it's 8pm and the airplane isn't here yet. A "wintry mix" mucked up the flights this evening and I'm pissed. Travel can be maddening at times when there's no one to blame but the weather. If mother nature had a call center, the lines would be buzzing with irate passengers! Other than pleading to God and begging for sunny skies, I'm helpless.


*Update* Plane showed up, dropped off, loaded up, defrosted, blasted off, and landed in Albany. Three hours late, but I'm home and thankful.

I resume... Despite some frustrations, travel comes with some cool opportunities, like Monday Night Football! I got to attend a Philadelphia Eagles v. Cleveland Browns game on Monday night and sat in our our company box!
It certainly doesn't make up for being away from my family, but perks like this definitely ease the pain. Go Green!

No comments: