12.18.2008

Tub time!

It was bath time, so I dressed Robby up in a hooded bathrobe and animal slippers just to make the 10 step trek from his bedroom to the bathroom. The ridiculous outfit elicited an uproar of laughter from Jude and I which made Robby squeal and smile with delight. We put him in front of the mirror where he proudly admired his reflection.

Babies have a way of taking life's ordinary events and turning them into the absolute highlight of your day (and maybe even your week if it sucks). Being a working mother I cherish our evenings together as a family. I pity those that feel it's a burden to feed a baby, or to give him a bath, to take a walk, or even to change a diaper (unless the baby just ate sweet potatoes). Since I'm not the one doing these routine things during the day, I look forward to performing these basic tasks after work. Robby loves bath time and I love anything that makes him feel special. One smile and my stress goes down the drain.

After he goes through that embarrassing phase, I hope Robby will be able to laugh at these bath pictures someday. They will always make me smile.

No comments: