12.09.2008

It's for the baby, really.

Babies do not need Guitar Hero.

My husband Jude felt otherwise on a recent trip to Target. Right on the endcap in the electronics department was a tempting special on Guitar Hero World Tour. He stared at Robby in his stroller and back at the case which contained two shiny new "guitars". He was daydreaming of he and Robby rocking out to AC/DC in the living room, spending the day parked in front of the Wii practicing sweet licks on their axes.

I'm not against playing Wii (I actually really enjoy it), nor am I against Guitar Hero. It's just that in my house, we own several real instruments! Want to be a "hero"? Try the Fender Jazz Bass, the Gibson SJ-200 Limited Edition acoustic guitar, the cherry red Takamine acoustic, the Remo djembe, or maybe the piano! (Piano Hero?!) The point is, I love music and would be thrilled if Robby someday wants to play an instrument, a REAL instrument! I don't think Guitar Hero is going to make the cut this Christmas, but I would sure welcome Vacuum Hero or Laundry Hero.

No comments: