12.07.2008

The good 'ole Christmas photo card

I'll admit it, I despise writing cards. It's not that I despise composing warm holidays thoughts and heartfelt wishes to my loved ones, I simply do not have the time, energy or the handwriting prowess to do it.

Enter the holiday photo card. The cheat of all cheats, the "it" item, the answer to the Grinch that lives deep inside me. The premise is simple. Dress your child(ren) up in something festive, take about 100 digital pictures, choose one, upload to snapfish, drop in to a cutesy card template that already says Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays/etc, pick up at Walgreens 15 minutes later. Voila!

For those of you that don't have kids, pets are acceptable photo cards. Don't have kids or pets, then too bad!! You have ample time to write your own holiday cards this year. This is my first year with the cheat, and so far I'm loving it. I still have to write out the envelopes and buy stamps, but at least my hand won't get cramped writing Happy___, Merry___, Can't wait for___, It's been so long since____, Enjoy____! Love __, ___, ___. I'll let Robby say all that in a much cuter package that has a better chance of making it to the refrigerator.

No comments: