1.07.2009

The coolest boots EVER!

One gift that Robby received this Christmas from a dear friend of ours were these boots...

Our friend Veronika is from the Czech Republic and now lives in Brooklyn, NY. I'm so happy she is closer to us now because she is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met.

This Christmas was no exception! These handmade boots were made for walking (in sub-zero temperatures) and Robby loves touching the fur and pulling the tassles. He's really warm and super cute!

As an adult, it's nearly impossible to be warm and cute. For example, the parka. Parka's are super warm because they are typically bulky as hell and completely cover your butt = not cute.
Sorel boots are another example. If you find yourself in a Northeast snow storm, there's no better boot to keep you warm and dry than a trusty pair of Sorel's. The problem is you won't want to as much as walk into your local grocery store with these bulky shit-kickers on!

I've given up on looking cute this winter. Thankfully when I'm with Robby, no one pays attention to what I'm wearing! Looking cute and staying warm this winter is certainly possible for some adults. For me this winter, I'll let Robby be the cute (and warm) one, and I'll stick with practicality.

2 comments:

nroy said...

He's cute with or without the boots. I'm not biased at all, of course.
Love the blog!
Mom/Grandma

Veronika said...

I agree! Robby = The cutest baby ever!
Veronika