3.06.2009

Turn that frown upside down, or else it might get stuck

I think we'd all agree that smiles are infectious. No one every talks much about frowns, but as I recently discovered, baby frowns are pretty damn cute!

Most people don’t take pictures of their babies frowning, but I caught Robby at this particular moment in time displaying one big-ass “woe is me” frown.

I've learned that while frowns are typically a sign of supreme discontent, they don’t always lead to full-blown crying. A couple months ago, Robby would frown at random people that were unfamiliar to him. Probably 70% of the time the frown would be the precursor for some crying, but sometimes the frown would just turn upside down. There was a rumor at my elementary school that if you frowned too much your face would get stuck like that. The Perma-Frown syndrome scared us. If I were to frown today, I would still only hold it for a second or two.

So what was Robby thinking during this particularly cute frown? Probably the same thing former President George Bush was thinking during his press conference frown: What am I doing here? Who are these people? Why are they staring at me? What's this stupid thing in my hand? When will this be over? I’m hungry and I need a drink.

1 comment:

Veronika said...

As always, hilarious and so cute!